Thursday, August 23, 2007

Greetings!

As most of you know I lost my mother(Majorie Claridge) to Colon Cancer just about two years ago and my nephew(Brian Baird) to Leukemia about four years ago. I have been searching for a way to remember them and benefit a cancer society ever since. Cancer touches every ones lives in some way,shape or form. Maybe you have a relative that is battling cancer as you read this or maybe you know of someone that has passed away due to cancer. If your one of the lucky ones that is a cancer survivor or knows one then I appluad you and them. I have decided to walk/run a marathon(26.2 miles!). I know what your thinking, I have lost my mind right. Well not really by doing this marathon, I am raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as a participant in their Team In Training and I’m asking you to help by making a contribution. Each donation helps accelerate cures for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma and brings hope to the patients and families who are on the front lines of the battle against these diseases.

Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely. You will receive a confirmation by email of your donation and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your support. I really appreciate your generosity!

You can learn more about my efforts and make a donation by visiting the following Web site:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntwaak/krysten

For every ten dollars donated I will write the name of a loved one that has passed on, survived or is going through cancer treatment on my jersey for race day. They don't have to be battling blood cancer either.

Thank you again for even taking the time to read this letter.

Krysten Butterfield

0 comments: