Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Stolen Fishing Report

Little does David know that I know how to find his reports on all of his fishing forums. He took the boys down to Rife Lake this last weekend. Heres what he has to say about it...

"I took my boys and my dad and headed to Riffe Lake to chase these landlocked coho. We have never been here, but heard of the crazy bite that has been going on and I thought we should partake. We got to the lake at 6:30 and headed to the spot I was told to fish. Thank you Kokanee Kid!

The name of the game was 5.5 dodgers and pink hootchies. I was using the bahama mama and the watermelon flavors. Bait used was cocatail shrimp or maggots (Gulp)

We ended the day with over 50 fish on, we caught our limit of 20 fish. The big news of the day was my two boys (5,7) reeled up the fish by themselves after I released them from the downriggers. They were so excited for accomplishing this."


The boys have a fabulous time fishing with there Dad and Grandpa. Its nice to see the memories they are creating that I am sure they will remember the rest of there life. After they all got back David and I set about filleting about 14 fish. It took forever! We then had to scale them. ICK! The next day we soaked them in a brine and then yesterday I smoked them all. They turned out great! Now what do I do with all of it is the question.



Here are all the fish after we cut and filetted them. 


Here they are after they are smoked.

0 comments: