Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tasty Thursday-Baked Carmel Corn

I know I know, its normally Tasty Tuesday but its my blog so I can change it up a bit. This is one of my all time favorite treats to make.

You start with this

6 quarts popped popcorn
Preheat oven to 250°. Oil or spray a large roasting pan with vegetable cooking spray, regular or butter-flavored. Pour popcorn into the pan.

Next
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup, light or dark
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
In a heavy pan, slowly melt butter; stir in the brown syrup, corn syrup, and salt.

Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.


Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.

Gradually pour the syrup over popcorn, stirring to blend well.
Gradually pour the syrup over popcorn, stirring to blend well. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. After the hour has passed, pour popcorn on foil sheets to cool. (about 5-10 minutes)
Store in air tight container or ziploc bags.

I make this for most road trips,camping trips,Davids fishing trips etc.

0 comments: