Thursday, August 21, 2008

You Sad People That don't live in WA

After surviving a whole day with 5 kids under 5, I am having this for dinner


Now if you don't live in WA, well I am very sorry. You are missing out on some of the best, greasiest food around. Top it off with a shake and the world could get no better in my book.


This meal also holds one very dear to me memory. For you see my Mom was a sucker for a Jubilee Pineapple Shake,Fries and a Tarter Sauce. Every time I pass by this place, I think of her and how I miss being able to share some good conversation over a basket of fries and a shake. All the while my Dad thought we had gone to the fabric store. It was her secret, not only with me but with my siblings as well. I doubt my Dad knows just how often we used the fabric store excuse only to end up at Jubilee or some other drive thru.
So Mom I'll enjoy tonight's dinner with thoughts of you. Although I am sure there are far better things where you are then Jubilee Fries.

4 comments:

Roo Roo's Corner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brent Hope said...

That is a very sweet post. I loved your mommy. And of course I love your Dad. He's the best!!

One of my Dad's favorite places to eat was The Burger Ranch. But, not the one in Tacoma. He liked the one in Auburn. But I would think of him whenever I would pass by the Tacoma one.

BreAnne said...

Oh I miss our runs to Jubilee when the kids would go down for a nap. I could really really go for some of those fries. That is a must have place I want to go to when I come home. Whenever that will be!!!

BreAnne said...

Oh yeah don't forget our late night runs to get a diet coke with your mom. Those were the best of times!!