Friday, August 22, 2008

Fun Friday Five

These are just a few of my all time favorite reads. I can find myself lost in the pages of these books each and every time I read them. Most of the covers are torn, fading and well worn. They hold me just as excited as the first time I read them.
I have read all of Anita Stansfield's books and this one is one of my favorites! The story is exciting and keeps you glued to each and every page.



I gave in. Do you hear me Joanne and Susan I gave in. After camping a few weekends back and hearing how good this series was, I gave in and bought the first book. Thinking this so isn't my type of book, I won't like it blah blah blah blah. I should have known better. I am hooked! I can't wait to get my hands on the next one since I only have about 10 pages left of this first one.


This is a good historical novel. I get wrapped up in the characters and there stories every time. Maybe its because I am a sucker for anything having to do with WWII, who knows whatever it is, its strong because I could almost recite this book and the rest of the series before I turn the next page.


One thing, if you haven't read this series, you should. It's just that good. I'll admit I had a hard time getting through the first book. You just have to get passed the first 50 pages and then you will be hooked just like I was. I remember reading this as a teenager and barely being able to go to sleep at night because I just had to read that next page.


Does this series need any explaining. The books, the movies there all good. Its one of the few books that has been made into a movie that I actually enjoy. I take that back I love this movie almost more then the book.

1 comments:

Brent Hope said...

I hate to admit this...

I love Anne of Green Gables! I've read the book and watched the mini series with Megan Follows as Anne. Not much better than that.

Shhhhh keep it a secret!