Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas


Have you ever had real good intentions to order or make really pretty christmas cards that you personally write, address and mail out? I had those intentions this year, it so didn't happen. So grab a cup of cocoa,settle in and catch up on what the Butterfield 5 have been doing all year.Lets see we will start with Parker...

Parker is a joy to have in our home. You can find him more often then not hunkered down somewhere reading a book. He loves to read, just like myself if its good he won't put it down till its done. He played T-Ball this spring and Soccer this fall. He loves Soccer. His skills really improved this year thanks to an awesome coach. His favorite place to be is on defense back by his goal. I am pretty sure we have a future goalie on our hands. He started wearing glasses this summer. He picked out a pair similar to what a couple of his favorite cousins have. Glassed all of a sudden became a cool thing when he realized his cousins wore them too. He is doing great in 1st grade this year. He is in advanced reading and doing well above grade level in all other areas.

Next up is Cole...
Cole is a great big ball of constent motion. He goes non stop from the time he wakes up(6am most days) to the time he goes to bed(7pm). He is in his second year of head start with our favorite teacher Ms. Trish. He adores her. Loves her to pieces and she loves him right back. He graduated from speech at Mary bridge this last year. He can say most everything correct with out a reminder from Mom or Dad. He broke his Thumb sucking habit this year. He insisted that sleeping with socks on his hands was how you went to sleep at night. One week of that and he wasn't sucking his thumb anymore. Yay! He played T-ball adn soccer this year on the same teams as Parker. Cole however loved T-ball more then Soccer. He would eat,sleep and drink baseball if he could. He also learned to ride his bike with out training wheels,just in time for our annual butterfield camping trip.

Miss Madi...
She keeps us on our toes! She tries really hard to keep up with the boys. Where ever they are you can usually find her as well. She discovered princess and all things girly this past year. She is the complete opposite of myself. Pink is her favorite color. I think she might eat better if everything was colored pink. She has made priends(as she calls them) this year. Who ever will play with her becomes her new best priend. She loves to play on the playground at the school and almost everyday protests when its time to leave.

David...
David is still working for the local indian tribe. He finally has someone above him that he can really learn from. He has gone back to the I enjoy my job David that we were starting to miss there for awhile. His biggest thing this year is that he got a BOAT. In true David style, he got one heck of a deal on it. One that even I couldn't protest and pass up. He also got a new calling at church, he is the ward clerk. Between work and church is life is pretty much always going somewhere.


Krysten...
I have been busy this year. In January I got a new calling to be one of the counselors in Primary. It has kept me busy and really pushed me out of my comfortable little bubble. I wouldn't change it for the world now though. I truelly have been able to work with some really wonderful women. I also have been busy playing taxi this year. The boys are on different school schedules and with sports. Well you could say I live in my car for 5 days of the week. Wouldn't change that either. I am thankful that David has a job that allows me to stay home with my kids. I also took up canning this year. I did more canning then ever before, we did peaches,pears,all sorts of Jam,green beans and cranberry sauce. It sure has been tasty having all that on hand.

Heres a few other highlights of this year in pictures...
Madi truly has her own style!
We took a Sunday afternoon drive over to Browns point. The kids had a blast throwing rocks in the water.


The boys at there first Soccer tournament Thanksgiving weekend.
Santa Train with all the Butterfield Cousins.

We hope this finds all our family and friends healthy and well this Christmas season. If you haven't read anything at all, thats fine but make sure you check out this video. Its only 4 minutes. Make sure you have plenty of tissue...


Love you all
The Butterfield 5

4 comments:

Tia said...

Merry Christmas Krysten! Thank you for the fabulous update! I am so glad everyone is doing so well.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of the family Krysten! Roxanne

Kym said...

Such a beautiful family! What a wonderful update, thank you for sharing.

Itools Mobile Service said...

Beautiful Images.. Kindly visit us @ iPad Service center in Chennai