Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bitter sweet time of year

Its the most bitter sweet time of year for me.  On the one hand I love having my boys home everyday, doing fun things together,sleeping late, chilling out together,exploring new places together on the other hand its time for schedule for normalcy. That's right its back to school time.
Our school district is in major turmoil right now, the teachers are back at work today with no contract. A strike still looming on the horizon. There only fighting for whats fair and well deserved for not only themselves but for our kids as well. I stand behind our teachers 100%. I trust my children with them for 6.5 hours every day. I don't think any profession deserves more then those that teach our children. That being said, my boys went back to school today. They have fabulous teachers this year. I am pretty sure Parker's teacher is going to pull him out of his quiet little shell he tends to hide in. Cole's teacher is experienced and deals well with kids that need that little extra helping hand. I can't wait to volunteer in there rooms, to get to know these teachers and for my boys to make new friends. 4 more hours and they'll be back with me, telling me all about there first day over chocolate cupcakes and milk.

Click on the pictures to see bigger

Happy 1st Grader            Handsome 3rd Grader



Madi wanted in on the picture action and had to strike a pose with her brothers at the bus stop.

0 comments: